Monday, December 21, 2009
And the game continues...
I was tagged by Heather @ see heather write AND Robyn @ putting pen to paper. It's my turn, so here's my list of Q & A. If you make it to the bottom, I applaud you! ;)
1.) What's the last thing you wrote? What's the first thing you wrote that you still have?
An alphabet picture book called The Techno ABC's
2) Write poetry?
sometimes, if I'm feeling the angst
4)Favorite genre of writing?
5)Most annoying character you've ever created?
an absolute brat the other girls sarcastically refer to as "Precious"
6) Best plot you've ever created?
The Naughty Boy Factory
7) Coolest plot twist you've ever created?
I'm working on it
8) How often do you get writer's block?
Only when I'm super-depressed, and then I punch through it
9) Write fan fiction?
10) Do you type or write by hand?
Write by hand? You’re kidding right? People still do that sort of thing??
11) Do you save everything you write?
12) Do you ever go back to an idea after you've abandoned it?
Yes. We aren't always ready for an idea the first time around. It's sometimes better when it has time to percolate.
13)What's your favorite thing you've ever written?
The Naughty Boy Factory
14) What's everyone else's favorite story you've written?
When Grandpa Knew Me (a picture book about a grandchild dealing w/ grandpa's Alzheimers)
15)Ever written romance or angsty teen drama?
16) What's your favorite setting for your characters?
Outside. There’s so much room for so many things to happen. I mean! Look at all that space.
17) How many writing projects are you working on right now?
seriously editing two chapter books and at various stages of 4 PB's
18)Have you ever won an award for your writing?
I've had a few poems published
19) What are your five favorite words?
plethora, behemoth, vascillate, reciprocity, and daffodil
20) What character have you created that is most like yourself?
Um, hmm, um…
21) Where do you get your ideas for your characters?
usually from something weird my husband says or does - really
22)Do you ever write based on your dreams?
When I remember them clearly enough. Ideas abound in our dreams and pre-dreams.
23) Do you favor happy endings?
of course - I write PBs! :)
24) Are you concerned with spelling and grammar as you write?
It's a large part of who I am. It's hard to turn the English teacher off.
25) Does music help you write?
No - I find it distracting
26) Quote something you've written. Whatever pops in your head.
The skin we’re in it limits us
It keeps us bound to earth and dust
We can’t step out of bones and skin
To reach beyond the space we’re in
We’re meant to place our hope and trust
In One who loves each one of us
In prayers is where God wants to hear
Of all the things we need down here
Don’t be afraid to turn His way
And pray to God with love today
For peace, for health, for family
For courage, friends, or to be free
Send loving thoughts and pleas for help
To those too far to reach yourself
The skin we’re in can’t stretch as far
As God’s embrace, His loving arms
He reaches out to those in need
When prayers request He intercede
And...the game continues! I tag: (it's getting harder to find people who haven't already done this)
Roxane @ Peace Garden Mama
Valerie @ Something to Write About
Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse
Hopefully none of you have done this already! Enjoy!!! :)