You know you’re getting older when…
1. You find yourself being laughed at by your husband, because you have to hold the children’s Tylenol bottle at arm’s length in order to read the dose
2. You start thinking Botox might not be so bad
3. You are the oldest in your critique group by more than a decade *sob*
4. You keep getting invited to bridal showers and baby showers for former students
5. It’s easier to go to bed at 8 PM than it is to get out of bed at 8 AM
6. Your kindergartner has to teach you how to use a smart board *true story*
7. Too much noise is beginning to make you nervous (not a good sign for a teacher of hormonal teenagers and mother of three)
8. You would rather stay home and read than go out with friends
9. You get up in the middle of the night (or morning or afternoon or evening) and you gimp around like a hobbled horse.
10. Riding the Ferris Wheel makes you nauseous
Imagine me singing the "I feel Good!" song by James Brown. Got it? Okay. Now, Imagine me singing it to the words, "I feel old!" Yep! That's me.
What makes you feel old these days?