Okay, folks! Today I have to come clean with my 5 outrageous lies and 1 outrageous truth. I'm surprised by how many actually guessed right!
1. I was a ski instructor in college. LIE
I have only been on skis twice in my life, and let's just say it didn't go well.
2. My father was a Seattle policeman and guarded three different presidents and two rock stars while they visited Seattle. LIE (with some truth)
My father really was a Seattle Police Officer, and he really did help guard two presidents. But that's all, folks!
3. My favorite baseball team is the New York Yankees. HUGE, UGLY LIE
I am soooooo NOT a Yankees fan. There is a reason people say "Damn Yankees!" ya know. :-)
4. I once sat next to Hall of Fame, wide receiver Steve Largent in church. TRUTH
Steve Largent was my childhood hero. You all know I'm a sports fan, and I adore Steve Largent. Sitting next to him in church was OMG! awesome for an elementary kid fan!
5. I write YA historical fiction. LIE
I write picture books and chapter books, none of which have been historical (so far).
6. My family took a trip to Ireland when I was twelve to visit the area where my grandpa was born. LIE
I really wish this one were true. I am 50% Irish and dream of visiting there someday.
Thanks for reading them and for guessing. It was fun to see what your guesses were!