Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Truth or Dare?

Okay, folks! Today I have to come clean with my 5 outrageous lies and 1 outrageous truth. I'm surprised by how many actually guessed right!




1. I was a ski instructor in college. LIE
I have only been on skis twice in my life, and let's just say it didn't go well.

2. My father was a Seattle policeman and guarded three different presidents and two rock stars while they visited Seattle. LIE (with some truth)
My father really was a Seattle Police Officer, and he really did help guard two presidents. But that's all, folks!

3. My favorite baseball team is the New York Yankees. HUGE, UGLY LIE
I am soooooo NOT a Yankees fan. There is a reason people say "Damn Yankees!" ya know. :-)

4. I once sat next to Hall of Fame, wide receiver Steve Largent in church. TRUTH
Steve Largent was my childhood hero. You all know I'm a sports fan, and I adore Steve Largent. Sitting next to him in church was OMG! awesome for an elementary kid fan!

5. I write YA historical fiction. LIE
I write picture books and chapter books, none of which have been historical (so far).

6. My family took a trip to Ireland when I was twelve to visit the area where my grandpa was born. LIE
I really wish this one were true. I am 50% Irish and dream of visiting there someday.

Thanks for reading them and for guessing. It was fun to see what your guesses were!

31 comments:

Tracy Loewer said...

Oh, I was so close! I have no idea who Steve Largent is, but I can definitely imagine how excited you must've been when you were a kid!

DL Hammons said...

That would have been awesome! Lucky you.

Unknown said...

So awesome! I bet that was very exciting!

Patti Lacy said...

Shoot! I missed Tuesday's post!
Wish I could've tried to peek inside your lies--I mean, your mind.

Fun, fun post!!!
Blessings,
Patti
www.pattilacy.com/blog

Jonathon Arntson said...

Nice! Make sure you stop by my blog today, no award, but possibly something better. Possibly.

Jen said...

Shannon, these are great! And fun too :)

Thanks for the encouragement on my blog yesteray. I really need it! This is a HUGE step of courage and one I'm taking without that much courage to be seen (at the moment). I"m hoping that will change! And knowing I have your support IS a big thing! I need all the support I can get and I've been blessed with some AMAZING blog friends who are offering to do just that!!

Happy Wednesday,
Jen

Kayeleen Hamblin said...

Yay! I guessed right. And the skiing thing... you've gone skiing two more times than I have and I live in Utah. Crazy, huh?

Carolyn V. said...

I was this close!

Shannon, does this make you a good liar? Well, you did an excellent job. I was totally fooled. =)

Elana Johnson said...

I wasn't close at all. But at least I knew you didn't write YA historicals, right? Right. :)

Tamika: said...

Just as I suspected I was wrong on every account except which genre you write.

Too funny!

Heather said...

Woot! I got it right! Nothing gets by me ;)

Mary Aalgaard said...

Do I get a prize for guessing correctly? *big grin* What a huge distraction for your church experience, but cool claim to fame.

Conda Douglas said...

Boy, did I guess wrong!

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Ha ha ha. You guys are so fun! :-)

Julie Dao said...

Oh no! Did I miss the guessing?! These were so fun to read, Shannon.

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

Well, I guessed Ireland, but then maybe I'm seeing into the future, right? :D

Roxy said...

Very creative storytelling, Shannon. You had me fooled with the details. Congrats on the award.

Tana said...

That was fun. I'm glad you got to sit next to your hero at church. How cool is that?

Robyn Campbell said...

Uh, I'm positive that I said, "of course it was Steve Largent."

No, no, please don't go back and look. You can trust me--hehe =)

Charmaine Clancy said...

cute :-)

Jennie Englund said...

Wow-- your lies are really good! I'm going to have to think long and hard to come up with some like these. But don't worry. I will!

Anonymous said...

*woohoo* I think I must have ESP hehe

TerryLynnJohnson said...

Fun game. Hey - saw your comment on Elana's blog.

YOU ARE AWESOME. teachers rule.

Jemi Fraser said...

Wow - sitting next to an amazing athlete would be awesome!!!

Kelly Polark said...

Fun! I hope you get to go to Ireland one day!

kah said...

Good ones! I keep missing all the lie posts because I haven't had much time to read blogs. :(

Why can't there be more hours in the day?

gael lynch said...

I'm with Kelly! Take that trip to Ireland...make it a dream, and that will get you there! :)

Susan Fields said...

Fun lies! My husband and I visited Ireland about fourteen years ago. It was absolutely gorgeous.

* said...

Oh, and Ireland would be such a lovely place to visit. I, too, dream of visiting there (I went to the UK a few months back, but only to England & Scotland).

Jackee said...

Such cute answers, but I guessed wrong. :)

Nishant said...

That would have been awesome! Lucky you.
work at home in india

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...