Thursday, April 14, 2011

Imagination Magnets


"Rivers are magnets for the imagination, for conscious pondering and subconscious dreams, thrills and fears. People stare into the moving water, captivated, as they are when gazing into a fire. What is it that draws and holds us? The rivers' reflections of our lives and experiences are endless. The water calls up our own ambitions of flowing with ease, of navigating the unknown. Streams represent constant rebirth. The waters flow in, forever new, yet forever the same; they complete a journey from beginning to end, and then they embark on the journey again."
  ~ From Lifelines by Tim Palmer
 
 
 
Next time you are struggling to find your creativity, to develop a new idea, to strengthen a story line, follow the river until you find your imagination. 
 
Sometimes it's a whitewater adventure, and sometimes it a lazy float day in a hot inner tube, but it's always a great ride.

What are some other imagination magnets?

17 comments:

Megan K. Bickel said...

This is so true! Nothing like looking out over flowing water to get those brain cells boogying! I'm a big fan of sitting in a park and watching the squirrels play. : )

Old Kitty said...

Nothing like a riverside stroll to get inspired! Lovely!

Take care
x

Karen Harrington said...

A nice long walk is always good. :)

Robyn Campbell said...

A horseback ride is my inspiration, bff. It helps me to find my imagination. But a whitewater adventure sounds very interesting. You in, amigo? :-) If so, I'll call Karen and tell her to grab the shades. :-)

Laura S. said...

Cloud watching and looking up at the starry moonlit sky are amazing imagination magnets for me. :)

Regina said...

All you have to do is put me in the car. Once I start driving things just start pouring out of me. I see signs, names, people, everything and get all kinds of ideas. It is amazing.

Heather said...

Imagination magnets, I love that! Mine are music, pictures, art, and good books! I love the river ride idea, very inspiring!

Jessica Bell said...

"I wish I had a river to skate away on ..." ;o)

Misha Gerrick said...

So true. Just sitting by the river and listening to it rushing over stones helps.

I also love watching flames and people.

:-)

Mary Aalgaard said...

Rivers and all water for that matter stimulate the flow of creativity. I've heard of people writing in the bathtub!

Karen Lange said...

Hey, great idea, Amigo! I will have to remember this! Thanks. :)

Anonymous said...

Rivers are beautiful. I love the smells and sounds.

Susan Kaye Quinn said...

Water is so primal, I think it awakens something inside us.

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

An unexpected one-liner delivered during a conversation can inspire a devotional or blog post.

Growing a garden sprouted more than veggies. :)

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Going for a walk or a drive always gives me new ideas. :)

Ishta Mercurio said...

I remember my days as a child staring out the car window at the road as it whizzed by beneath the wheels, letting my mind wander. My preschooler does the same thing. :-)

Anonymous said...

I actually get some of my ideas when doing dishes. Maybe that is my flowing water. I think I need to get out of the house more, lol.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...