Marvelous Middle Grade Monday
** BLOG TOUR **
** BLOG TOUR **
My Very Un Fairy Tale Life
by Anna Staniszewski
Expected publication: November 1st 2011
by Sourcebooks Jabberwocky
"You know all those stories that claim fairies cry sparkle tears and elves travel by rainbow? They're lies. All lies."—Twelve-year-old Jenny has spent the last two years as an adventurer helping magical kingdoms around the universe. But it's a thankless job, leaving her no time for school or friends. She'd almost rather take a math test than rescue yet another magical creature! When Jenny is sent on yet another mission, she has a tough choice to make: quit and have her normal life back, or fulfill her promise and go into a battle she doesn't think she can win.
Middle grade girls are going to LOVE this book! Oh, my gosh, this book is adorable! You will love Jenny and her magical friends (especially the frogs!) and Prince Lamb (too cute for words) and my favorite, her aunt. Jenny's aunt is priceless. She's always talking to ducks or trying to feed Jenny dog biscuits--I love her.
The humor in this story is constant throughout--from page one to the very last paragraph. One of the most playful aspects is Jenny's use of cliches, which work wonders for her. My take on this book is simple: LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! This book is worth every penny. I can't wait to share it with my students (I've already book-talked it and they want it--now!).
** Others who can be counted on for a great MMGM review each week: **
- Joanne Fritz @ My Brain on Books
- Ben Langhinrchs @ My Comfy Chair
- Sherrie Petersen @ Write About Now
- Brooke Favero @ Somewhere in the Middle
- Myrna Foster @ Night Writer
- Ally Beecher @ Kid Lit Frenzy
- Barbara Watson @ Novel and Nouveau
- Deb Marshall @ Just Deb!
- Anita Laydon Miller's Middle Grade Blog
- Michael G-G @ Middle Grade Mafioso
- Natalie Aguirre @ Literary Rambles
- Ms. Yingling @ Ms. Yingling Reads