Monday, December 9, 2019

MMGM The White Assassin


Marvelous Middle Grade Monday

The White Assassin
by Hilary Wagner



About the THE WHITE ASSASSIN:
Book II in the Nightshade Chronicles begins three years after Juniper and his rebel band of rats liberate the Catacombs and defeat their oppressors.

A sense of peace has settled over Nightshade City, but it is a false one. Billycan, the white assassin, has been found. Deep in the southern swamps, he now rules a primitive horde of savage swamp rats eager to overrun Nightshade City and claim it for their king. With the help of an ancient colony of bats and an uneasy alliance with the swamp snakes, Juniper and his Council set out to thwart Billycan’s plans. When an old secret is revealed—one so shocking it shakes both Billycan and Juniper to the core—the fate of Nightshade City and the life of Juniper’s only son depend on Juniper’s decision: should he help his mortal enemy? The past resurfaces with devastating impact in this exciting sequel to Nightshade City, a dark tale of intrigue, deception, and betrayal.

The reviews for The White Assassin are wonderful, and that's because the story is freaking fantastic! My three kids and I ALL loved Nightshade City. I didn't think Hilary could top it, but she did. The White Assassin is even better!

I have decided that Hilary is the master of evil villains--Billycan is right up there at the top when it comes to evil characters. What's fascinating, though, is that I can't help but love him as a character, even while I hate him. 

I said this when I reviewed Nightshade City, and I'll say it again now: This series is destined to become a classic.  Move over, Rats of Nimh, because here comes Hilary Wagner!

Happy Monday!


21 comments:

Natalie Aguirre said...

I loved The White Assassin more too. And I so agree about Billycan. Hilary did an amazing job with him as a character. That's what made the book SO good. Thanks for the great review.

Jessica Bell said...

Congrats to Hilary!!! :o) Great accomplishment. I'm guessing she's gonna be the next Roald Dahl :o)

Jemi Fraser said...

I've got chills! I'm so happy for Hilary!!! :)

Unknown said...

Yay for Hilary! I'm with Jess, she's going to be the next Roald Dahl! I'm loving it!!!

I know Lenny's over the moon right about now!

Bish Denham said...

Go Hilary go! I'm pumped! I totally enjoyed Nightshade City and am looking forward to reading The White Assassin.

S.A. Larsenッ said...

Hilary is awesome!! Many congrats. I'm excited for this book!

Kelly Polark said...

How did I miss its launch date?
Congrats, Hilary!
Can't wait to read more about Billycan!

Old Kitty said...

Yayyayayayy!! Book 2 is here!! Yayyayyay!!! Hello Hilary, hello Shannon!! Absolutely excited for book 2!! Take care
x

Michael G-G said...

Yay!! Hilary is awesome.

Hilary Wagner said...

Shannon, thanks so much for having me!!!!! And thanks to all your awesome readers for their sweet comments! I'm sooooo excited! :) Wait until you see the illustrations! They are fantastic!

xoxo -- Hilary

Laurel Garver said...

Ooh, I've been looking for some new MG fantasy to read to my daughter. She adores rodents of all kinds and this looks right up her alley!

Angela Ackerman said...

This is the next series I want to tackle--congrats to Hilary! Wishing her much success!

Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse

Patti said...

I didn't even know there was a second one. Congrats Hilary.

Jonathon Arntson said...

I agree, I was glued to each page of TWA! I loved it so much.

I think Nightshaders and Nimhers can play side by side :P

Heather said...

Congrats to Hilary, this book looks and sounds so adorable!

Kelly H-Y said...

How cool! Thanks for the heads-up and a huge congrats to Hilary!

Theresa Milstein said...

Shannon, I'm glad you're hositing Hilary. I read Nightshade City. I wish Hilary the best with the next installment.

DL Hammons said...

Hilary is DA BOMB! I wish these books were around when I was a kid. :)

sattakingplaybazaar said...

You may want to ask to be put on an on-call list.
satta king

satta king

satta king
The price of cosmetic surgery may change if circumstances change. There are many factors that could make the surgery cost more, the location of the procedure and other fees which can vary by location. Make certain that you receive a full disclosure regarding the medical costs prior to proceeding. Do not make any payment until all costs have been disclosed in writing.

شوقي عوض said...

شركة الكشف عن تسربات الحمامات الاحساء

ﺷﺮﻛﺔ ﺍﻟﻜﺸﻒ بالجهاز ﻋﻦ ﺍﻟﺤﻤﺎﻣﺎﺕ ﺍﻟﻘﻄﻴﻒ

شركة الكشف عن الحمامات بالجهاز الخبر

شركة الكشف عن الحمامات بالجهاز الجبيل

شركة الكشف عن الحمامات الدمام

شركة فتح المجاري القطيف

شركة فتح المجاري بالجبيل

Repute Agency said...

Best and most informative blog. Thanks for sharing
Best digital marketing company in Coimbatore
Best digital branding company in coimbatore

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...