Marvelous Middle Grade Monday
Shannon Whitney Messenger decided it was time to give middle grade stories the attention they deserve, and "Marvelous Middle Grade Mondays" was born.
39 Clues: Maze of Bones
by Rick Riordan
Instead of 39 steps, billionaire Grace Cahill left her heirs 39 clues scattered around the world. At the end of this circuitous trail are the answers to a great family mystery, but Amy and Dan must decide whether any prize can be more important than the rescue of their missing parents. The beginning of an enthralling ten-book arc.
I know many of you are probable already familiar with these books, but I had to plug them in case some of you have been missing out. They are too good to miss.
I used this book as a read-aloud for part of a mystery unit I've been doing in a couple of my classes. The kids and I had so much fun! I love Rick Riordan's sense of humor, and my students begged me to read book 2, too.
Each book in the series has a different author, but they are all big names in MG literature, like Gordan Korman and Patrick Carmen. And they are all full of adventure, suspense, and MG humor. The brother and sister team make them equally appealing to boys and girls. These books are perfect MG reads!
** Others who can be counted on for MMGM: **
- Joanne Fritz @ My Brain on Books
- Ben Langhinrchs @ My Comfy Chair
- Sherrie Petersen @ Write About Now
- Brooke Favero @ Somewhere in the Middle
- Myrna Foster @ Night Writer
- Ally Beecher @ Kid Lit Frenzy
- Barbara Watson @ Novel and Nouveau
- Deb Marshall @ Just Deb!
- Anita Laydon Miller's Middle Grade Blog
- Michael G-G @ Middle Grade Mafioso
- Natalie Aguirre @ Literary Rambles
- Ms. Yingling @ Ms. Yingling Reads
- Jennifer Rumberger
- Pam Torres @ So I'm Fifty