Marvelous Middle Grade Monday
Shannon Whitney Messenger decided it was time to give middle grade stories the attention they deserve, and "Marvelous Middle Grade Mondays" was born.
Until the 3,000-year-old man appeared in the boys' room, middle-schooler Mack MacAvoy had resigned himself to leading a middling, unexceptional life. That was before the ancient bathroom crasher identified Mack as one of The Magnificent Twelve, a group of talented12-year-olds who have been empowered the save the world. Before they can do that, however, Mack must track down these other special children and prepare to do battle. Action, magic, and laughs.
I LOVE Michael Grant! I've reviewed his amazing GONE series before, but because of my TBR pile, I'm a little late getting to THE MAGNIFICENT TWELVE. So late in fact, that book 2 in the series is due to be released on September 1st!
My favorite thing about this book is Mack's surprising sidekick, the meanest bully in the school who once wanted to pound him. Now Mack is "under his wing". Together, they make a hilarious pair: Mack has a million phobias and his bully manages even the oddest situations with a simple grunt or two, determined to protect Mack from the world.
*** Others who can be counted on for a great MMGM review each week: ***
Today, Elana Johnson has an MMGM post and a giveaway of Janitors by Ty Whitesides.
- Joanne Fritz @ My Brain on Books
- Ben Langhinrchs @ My Comfy Chair
- Sherrie Petersen @ Write About Now
- Brooke Favero @ Somewhere in the Middle
- Myrna Foster @ Night Writer
- Ally Beecher @ Kid Lit Frenzy
- Barbara Watson @ Novel and Nouveau
- Deb Marshall @ Just Deb!
- Anita Laydon Miller's Middle Grade Blog
- Michael G-G @ Middle Grade Mafioso
- Natalie Aguirre @ Literary Rambles