Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Tag . . . I'm it! + GLIMMER Winner



 


 The lucky winner of my Glimmer ARC is . . .

Lilian from Honolulu, Hawaii!!
Congrats!!!




While I was missing from the blogosphere, the awesome blog critique expert, Laura Barnes (who is responsible for inspiring my recent blog makeover), tagged me with 10 fun questions. Here we go . . .



1. What is your dream vacation? 
 
A trip to Ireland.

2. Are you spontaneous or do you like to plan ahead?
 
I'm a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants gal.

3. Tell us one thing you want to do but don’t dare to do.
 
I kinda want to do the permanent eyeliner tattooing they offer at my hair salon. It looks awesome on people I know who've done it, but I'm a coward.

4. What's your biggest phobia?
 
Loss of a loved one, particularly the fear of losing one of my children. 

5. If you were stranded on a desert island – what 3 things would you want with you (not including laptop, or family).

Books, books, and more books
A super-soft blanket and pillow
Peanut M&Ms

6. Name three blessings in your life.

My kids
Life in Montana
Job security

7. What was your nickname in High School?

Muffie. Do. Not. Ask.

8. If you could meet the President of the United States, what would you say to him?

You broke your promise to help education!

9. If you could be any literary character for a day, who would you be?

Meggie from Inkheart.

10. What is your favorite quote?

"One of the few things I know about writing is this: spend it all, shoot it, play it, lose it, all, right away, every time. Do not hoard what seems good for a later place in the book, or for another book; give it, give it all, give it now." ~ Annie Dillard

Have a great day!!!!


18 comments:

Karen Lange said...

This was fun, Shannon! It's good to get to know you better. :) Hope all is well with you and the gang.

Kristin Lenz said...

Welcome back! I love Annie Dillard.

S.A. Larsenッ said...

Ooh, yeah, no permanent eyeliner. I hear you on applying it being a pain, but think about never being able to take it off.

I HEART your blessings!! :D

Congrats to the winner!

Meredith said...

Wow, that quote is amazing! And yay for peanut M&Ms! You're making me hungry. :)

Kaitlyn Devin and Grace said...

I totally agree with #8!!! It seems like there is no politician out there that actually cares about education

-Kate the Book Buff
The Book Buff: Book Reviews for Regular People

Unknown said...

So many good answers!!! I know someone who has tattooed eyeliner and she claims it's amazing. But tattooing around your eyes? OUCH! If you ever do that, please write a post about it :) And #8, sad but so true. I love that President Obama, but have been sorely disappointed at the total lack of progress in educational reform.

Natalie Aguirre said...

Awesome answers Shannon. And I have the same phobia BTW.

Old Kitty said...

Hello Muffie! LOL!!

I like this name!! Awww lovely Shannon! What's all this tattooing of one's eyes!?! YIKES!!!

I hope your Prez takes courage and shows courage in all aspects of social reform if he's re-elected as Prez!

Take care
x

Elana Johnson said...

I am actually shocked that you fly by the seat of your pants. Do teachers do that?! Haha. (Now you know what kind of control freak teacher I am...)

And I love Meggie -- and your new blog look!

Tales of Whimsy said...

LOVE your answers.
My dream destination would be Italy but Ireland is very high on my list.
AMEN on loss of a loved one.

Jemi Fraser said...

Great answers! I'd love to visit Ireland too :)

Shelli (srjohannes) said...

love that cover. wish i looked good with that eye akeup :)

storyqueen said...

I love that quote, too!

Job security...be glad you are not teaching in CA:(


xoxo--
Shelley

Alexia561 said...

Always fun to learn a little more about you! Ireland is beautiful, isn't it? :)

Stina said...

That's my biggest fear too.

I hear the M&M dudes do do deserted topical islands. You just need a genie to get them there. :)

Kathi Oram Peterson said...

I loved reading your answers to the questions.

I'm flying to Ireland Monday. I can hardly wait. I wish I could take you along. And I've had my eyeliner tattooed. I suggest you ask your eye doctor for a recommendation. The lady who did mine came highly recommended and she is up to date on the methods. I have to warn you, it hurts, but I love it.

TerryLynnJohnson said...

good to see you back. I love this posts when we get to know each other better!

DL Hammons said...

Man....am I ever biting at the lip about that nickname!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...