Marvelous Middle Grade Monday
Shannon Whitney Messenger decided it was time to give middle grade stories the attention they deserve, and "Marvelous Middle Grade Mondays" was born.
My Zombie Dog
by Charmaine Clancy
Zane had the worst birthday ever. He spent it arguing with his Mum and burying a dead dog. Things just get worse. The next day Zane wakes to find the dog in his room, covered in dirt and… wagging its tail.
This is not Zane’s idea of the perfect dog. It’s shaggy, smells undead and bites people. And why does its victims all turn sluggish and keep asking for brains?
Can Zane can find the solution to save his neighbourhood from a zombie plague?
This book is adorable! The storyline is fun, the characters are lovable, the zombie dog is totally cool. My daughter read this book before me and loved it. She could hardly put it down, and when she was finished with it, she went back to the beginning and started again. Two weeks later, she is still talking about it. For an original take on zombies and fun, don't miss this one!
** Others who can be counted on for MMGM: **
- Joanne Fritz @ My Brain on Books
- Sherrie Petersen @ Write About Now
- Brooke Favero @ Somewhere in the Middle
- Myrna Foster @ Night Writer
- Ally Beecher @ Kid Lit Frenzy
- Barbara Watson @ Novel and Nouveau
- Deb Marshall @ Just Deb!
- Anita Laydon Miller's Middle Grade Blog
- Michael G-G @ Middle Grade Mafioso
- Natalie Aguirre @ Literary Rambles
- Ms. Yingling @ Ms. Yingling Reads
- Jennifer Rumberger
- Pam Torres @ So I'm Fifty
- Mary @ Writer's Butt Does Not Apply to Me
- The Accidental Novelist
- G.S. Prendergast @ Angelhorn
- Gina Carey
- Nye Louwen - My Spirit
- Laurisa White Reyes @ Apocalypsies