Marvelous Middle Grade Monday
Shannon Whitney Messenger decided it was time to give middle grade stories the attention they deserve, and "Marvelous Middle Grade Mondays" was born.
The Guardians of Elijah's Fire
By Frank L. Cole
Just when they thought they were safe, Amber, Trendon, and their classmates get yanked back into the action. With the Tebah Stick in enemy hands, Amber becomes a target, and it seems even her closest allies can't be trusted. Now the gang will have to travel through enemy territory to protect a deadly ancient weapon that could cause the earth's utter destruction.
This thrilling tale ups the action and doubles the danger. Bestselling author Frank L. Cole delivers an addicting read for adventurers of all ages.
This is the sequel to last year's debut, The Guardian's of the Hidden Scepter, which I also reviewed and which was recommended by my beloved James Dashner. Needless to say, I have been waiting for this sequel! It did NOT disappoint.
Much of what I loved about The Hidden Scepter is still true of Elijah's Fire:
- young, brilliant, and brave characters
- non-stop, Indiana Jones-style storyline (which is doubly true since it's an archaeology adventure)
- biblical myths, hidden treasure, booby traps, and faceless beasts
- kidnapping and world traveling
- and ALL things awesome!
These books are just a joyride of mystery and anticipation! Boys, girls, and MG-loving adults will enjoy every page of them.
*** Others who can be counted on for a great MMGM review each week: ***
- Joanne Fritz @ My Brain on Books
- Ben Langhinrchs @ My Comfy Chair
- Sherrie Petersen @ Write About Now
- Brooke Favero @ Somewhere in the Middle
- Myrna Foster @ Night Writer
- Ally Beecher @ Kid Lit Frenzy
- Barbara Watson @ Novel and Nouveau
- Deb Marshall @ Just Deb!
- Anita Laydon Miller's Middle Grade Blog
- Michael G-G @ Middle Grade Mafioso