Monday, September 5, 2011

Marvelous Middle Grade Monday - Big Nate


Marvelous Middle Grade Monday

Big Nate
by Lincoln Pierce


Shannon Whitney Messenger decided it was time to give middle grade stories the attention they deserve, and "Marvelous Middle Grade Mondays" was born.  
 
Goodreads Blurb:
Nate knows he's meant for big things. REALLY big things.

But life doesn't always go your way just because you're awesome.

Trouble always seems to find him, but Nate keeps his cool no matter what.

He knows he's great. A fortune cookie told him so.

For fans of the hilarious Diary of a Wimpy Kid series: Here comes BIG NATE, accidental mischief maker and definitely NOT the teacher's pet.
In the words of my 9-year-old: "You should read this book because it's funny. It's really funny. Big Nate thinks he's better than everyone else, just like Greg from Diary of a Wimpy Kid. The other kids think he's below their level, which he is, but he still thinks he's better. He's pretty much a plain out weirdo, but that's why he's so cool and funny. Also, you should read book 2, because it's also really funny."

My 9 y.o. isn't the only one in my house who loves Big Nate. My 7 y.o. absolutely adores him--and she's a girl! *gasp*  LOL. This book is a 100% guaranteed winner for all fans of the Wimpy Kid series!

*** Others who can be counted on for a great MMGM review each week: ***
 Happy Monday!

11 comments:

Natalie Aguirre said...

Tell you son that's an awesome review. This sounds like a fun book.

Stina Lindenblatt said...

My 11 yo LOVES this series. Which means my 9 yo isn't allowed to read it. Don't ask. I'm trying to figure that out too. :P

salarsenッ said...

I've seen this book around and it does sound fun!!

Michael G-G said...

Good to know the Diary of a Wimpy Kid readers have something else to read! Your 9-yr-old is quite the reviewer!!

Old Kitty said...

What a great review from a most astute 9 year old! Yay!! Take care
x

Jen Daiker said...

LOL okay your nine year old is seriously my favorite reviewer! The honesty is so cute!!! I love it!

Joanne Fritz said...

Loved your son's review! These books are VERY popular in the bookstore, but I'm ashamed to admit I haven't read any of them yet.

Myrna Foster said...

Oh, my Dax would love this. Thanks, Shannon!

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said...

Sounds way cute and fun.

Lenny Lee* said...

hi miss shannon! sounds way cool!
im gonna add it on to my wanna read list.
...hugs from lenny

Ms. Yingling said...

I like these so much more than Wimpy Kid. My students can't wait until the new one is out. (I post middle grade reviews all the time, but especially on Mondays!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...