I recently received the "Happy Blogger Award" from Tyrean @ Tyrean's Writing Spot and Julie Dao @ Silver Lining. Isn't it lovely?
The Top Ten Bloggers Who Make Me Happy Award
Now the trick is to choose only ten blogs that make happy. Ugh! Only ten??? Before I list ten, I want to say that you ALL make me happy - every visit, every comment, every kind word of encouragement. Every day!
In no particular order, I am passing the award to the following ten bloggers, all of whom make me smile every day.
1. Stephanie @ Hatshepsut - When I was a newbie-ish blogger, it became a tradition that any award I received, I passed to Stephanie. She is such a unique voice in our blogging circle. I love her tales of Hatshepsut the female pharaoh and weird disgusting foods - ALL things Egyptian. You make me happy, Stephanie!! (and so does your book! I love it!!!)
2. Lenny @ Lenny's World - I think Lenny makes us ALL happy. Just thinking about our raccoon-loving buddy brightens my day. Lenny, you are the brightest ray of sunshine in all of blog land!!
3. Candace @ The Misadventures in Candyland - Wow. Even on her darkest days, she makes the rest of us smile. Her ball juggling, and BR80 obsessing, and cat hating, and hubby teasing, and feel-me-upping are just too much fun for words. Candace, I love you girl!!
4. Jana @ Milk & Cookies - How could a blog called milk and cookies NOT make you happy? Jana is a blogger I actually know in real life! She is the world's greatest librarian and an expert on MG books, especially for boys. If you're looking for good reads for MG, she is THE source. Jana, thanks for your friendship and for always making me laugh!
5. Shannon Messenger - Shannon is one of our blog royalty and has more awards than she has space for, but oh, does she make me happy! There are a handful of people--and we all know who they are (see #6)--who will go out of their way and around their busy schedules and through major headaches to help the rest of us. Shannon has done that for me. Many times. She makes every one of us feel special, like her bestest friend, and I love her to death for that. #1, you are amazing!!!
6. Elana J. - I can't list blogs that make me happy and not include Elana. Dude! That would just be wrong. Seriously. How could this bacon-loving blog queen not be included? Elana, thank you for your colorful personality, your tireless efforts to help others, and your overall total awesomesauce-ness!!!
7. Liz @ Cleverly Inked - Liz is adorable! My favorite thing about her wonderful book review blog is Treasure Trove Tuesday. Every Tuesday she finds the most wonderful book-related treasures and shares the links with us. So cool!! And she has some of the most amazing contests EVER! :-)
8. Angela and Becca @ The Bookshelf Muse - The usefulness of this blog is beyond words. When I was line editing my MS, I spent hours using their emotion, setting, and symbolism thesauri. For my new project, I finally just printed them all off so I could have them near me while I write. If you don't follow or use this blog, you are missing out on one of the web's best writing resources. More than that, Angela has been uber-kind to me throughout the past year, and I LOVE her for it!!
9. Juju @ Tales of Whimsy - This is such a fun blog! It's colorful and cheerful - just clicking the title in my sidebar makes me happy. Juju reviews books, but what I love is that I NEVER know what I'm going to find when I visit. The range of genres is amazing. Her reviews are short and to the point, and I have never disagreed with her yet! You rock, Juju!!
10. Tamika @ The Write Worship - *sigh* Tamika keeps me focused on what really matters. Her blog lifts my spirit - as a Christian AND as a writer. I love her focus. I admire her attitude and fortitude. I appreciate her willingness to share her walk with us. Tamika, you shine for God and I love it! :-)
Phew! That's a lot of linkage. There are so many others I would love to have included: my bff's Robyn, Jennie, and Carolyn V; my CP Valerie; Jen and Sheri and Susan and Corey... I love you all!!!