Marvelous Middle Grade Monday
Shannon Whitney Messenger decided it was time to give middle grade stories the attention they deserve, and "Marvelous Middle Grade Mondays" was born.
The Magnificent 12: The Trap
by Michael Grant
In the thrilling second book of the Magnificent 12 series, Mack MacAvoy is challenged by his spectral mentor, Grimluk—who only appears in the shiny chrome pipes of bathrooms.
Mack must find the ancient ones, the great forgotten forces. Some will help; some not so much. But above all—
Time is short! The wicked Pale Queen’s three-thousand-year banishment ends in thirty-five days, and she will be free to destroy the world. It’s up to Mack to stop her return. But what do all of Grimluk’s clues mean? Can Mack achieve everything he must do without getting killed by the evil Risky—and escape the trap?
- Learn the ways of Vargran!
- Assemble the twelve!
- Go to the nine dragons of Daidu.
- Go to the Egge rocks.
- Beware of . . . the trap.
The Magnificent 12: The Trap is another fast-paced episode in bestselling author Michael Grant’s hilarious fantasy-adventure series.
First, I love, love, love Michael Grant. If he wrote it, you need to read it. Period. His YA GONE series is fantastic, but I can't tell you how much I enjoy this particular MG series (my review of book one is HERE).
I love the storyline of The Magnificent Twelve, but the characters and humor trump all. I think I would read this even if the storyline was only so-so, that's how great the characters are and how much I enjoy the humor.
The wild adventure begun in the The Call continues in The Trap, but the stakes are higher and we meet a new cast of characters along the way. While I love Mack and his phobias, Stefan is still my favorite character by far. He started out as a mega-bully, but he's just mega-hilarious! I adore him.
The Magnificent 12 is a FIVE STAR series, folks! It's perfect for middle grade readers. Scoop it up right away; trust me. All three of my kids love it. I love it. Even my father-in-law read it and loved it. It's a guaranteed hit.
** Others who can be counted on for MMGM: **
- Joanne Fritz @ My Brain on Books
- Sherrie Petersen @ Write About Now
- Brooke Favero @ Somewhere in the Middle
- Myrna Foster @ Night Writer
- Ally Beecher @ Kid Lit Frenzy
- Barbara Watson @ Novel and Nouveau
- Deb Marshall @ Just Deb!
- Anita Laydon Miller's Middle Grade Blog
- Michael G-G @ Middle Grade Mafioso
- Natalie Aguirre @ Literary Rambles
- Ms. Yingling @ Ms. Yingling Reads
- Jennifer Rumberger
- Pam Torres @ So I'm Fifty
- Mary @ Writer's Butt Does Not Apply to Me
- The Accidental Novelist
- G.S. Prendergast @ Angelhorn
- Gina Carey
- Nye Louwen - My Spirit