Thursday, April 21, 2011

Winner and A Review - Fairer Than Morning

Random.Org has spoken, so without further ado, the winner of the very-wonderful-can't-put-down copy of Savannah Grey
is . . .

***DRUMROLL***

#8 
aka 
Laura Pauling


Congratulations, Laura! BUT you were naughty and did not leave me your email address - shame, shame, shame. If you email me your home address, I'll put it in the mail today.

Fairer Than Morning
by Rosslyn Elliott


Expected publication: May 10th 2011 by Thomas Nelson

Goodreads Blurb:
Ann dreams of a marriage proposal from her poetic suitor-until she meets a runaway apprentice who knows what a truly noble man is.
In 1826, Ann Miller travels to Pittsburgh with her widowed father and two young sisters, only to find that a mysterious man has pursued them all the way from Ohio. Is Ann's father just a circuit minister, or is he hiding something that may endanger them all?

Will Hanby indentures with a Pittsburgh saddler maker, only to discover that his master is a cold-hearted tyrant. After years of abuse, Will becomes a prisoner of his own mind. But then lovely Ann Miller comes to stay next door and her compassion lights a long-dark part of Will's soul. His renewed courage puts his life in jeopardy as he begins to assist fugitive slaves.

Will's murderous master and Ann's questions about her family may keep both of them bound in the shadows forever. Or will they find freedom-together?

Our blogging circle's very own Rosslyn Elliott has written a beautiful, engaging, and wonderfully romantic story. Ann and Will were so alive to me that I half-expected to see them somewhere when I put the book down. I loved them. The other characters in the story are equally believable, alive.

There were many times throughout the book when I found myself wowed by her use of language. So beautiful!!  The writing was lyrical, almost soothing to the point of awe. That sounds like hyperbole, I know, but it isn't. It was truly powerful.

I have always been fond of Christian romance, and this book has found a place on my list of favorites. I highly recommend it to fans of this genre (and anyone else!).  :-)


11 comments:

Karen Lange said...

Yay, Laura! Congrats! Great giveaway, Shannon!

Old Kitty said...

Woo-hoo!!! Yay to Laura!!!!!

And thanks for this review of this sumptious sounding book!! Take care
x

Caroline Starr Rose said...

Can't wait to dig into my copy. Maybe today!

Mary Aalgaard said...

Great endorsement. I'm so happy for Rosslyn!

Tales of Whimsy said...

O it looks and sounds so sweet! I love CF. It allows the love and romance to take center stage.

Robyn Campbell said...

Naughty, naughty. *points finger*

Congrads to you, Laura.

Bff, Iz received my ARC today. *huge gasp* WOO-HOO.

Thanks coolio amigo. :-)

nutschell said...

congrats to the winners!

Great meeting you through the A-Z!

nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com

Kenda Turner said...

Thanks for introducing Rosslyn and her book, Fairer Than Morning--this has captured my attention for several reasons. Historical. Romance. Setting--which going a little deeper on Rosslyn's website shows is just up the road from me in central Ohio. Your review pointed me to what sounds like a great book :-)

Diane said...

I saw this book and wondered about it. Sounds like another winning pick. :O)

Jemi Fraser said...

Congrats to Laura!! :)

Thanks for the tip to this book too!

Liz @ Cleverly Inked said...

Congrats!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...