Friday, October 7, 2016

Voraciously Obsessed

 
If you read good books, when you write, good books will come out of you.
~ Natalie Goldberg
 



For people who love to write, I think reading is a natural obsession. So many times I've seen us refer to ourselves as "voracious" readers, and I don't think it's hyperbole - we really are voraciously obsessed! Each time we review titles or share a favorite, we gush our enthusiasm or choke on our disappointment. Books are at the core of who we are and who we hope to become. Personally, I can think of nothing I'd rather have at my core than words!
 

What are some of your all-time favorite reads?

2 comments:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Shannon - recently I've come across Patrick Leigh Fermor* - who walked from Amsterdam to Istanbul in the 1930s, and then a series of essays about Oxford by a Chinaman ... "The Silent Traveller" ... again in the 30s. Roland Yeomans introduced me to Louis L'Amour (American author) and his The Walking Drum ... an historical novel set in the Middle Ages in 12th C Europe and the Middle East ...

* Fermor's trilogy ... the first resonated more easily with me - but I knew that historical period betters ... a few of my blog posts recently have come via that first book "A Time of Gifts" ...

Ian McEwan's "On Chesil Beach" .. I thought was about Dorset .. but I've been advised it's got quite a lot on Oxford ... so the library is getting it for me ...

Cheers Hilary

sattakingplaybazaar said...

These qualified energy products are guaranteed to meet very strict efficiency guidelines. The guidelines are created by the United States. They are in charge of protecting the EPA for short.Taking time to fully research various units may help you get long-term savings on energy costs.
satta king

satta king

satta king

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...