The following lines, taken from student writing samples, are provided by NWREL to trainers of the 6 + 1 Traits of Writing. I always share these with teachers at my training workshops for a bit of comic relief. Since you all love the student metaphors and similes posted by Stephanie, I thought you might also enjoy these. Besides, with all the holiday hubbub, it's the best I can do today! ENJOY!
From Student Writing Samples
• Space . . . the finnel fruter . . .
• The ride I hated most at Disneyworld was 20,000 Leaks Under the Sea
• Goodby by now, but remember, I’ll be back next yer with more brains . . .
• My gramma’s ring is too small for me now but I’ll always have her dangling from my necklace.
• With caller I.D. you know if it’s a salesman or a hated friend.
• I’m a bad writer, so I hope that this is enough to convince you.
• There are many in sex in the rain forest
• …the genital breeze…
• We were stuck in bummer to bummer traffic.
• It’s me. Your breast friend.
• I would change the rule about runing down the hall. Example, if your butt is on fire are you ever going to run…
• Jeffery Dahmer was one of the greatest cereal killers of all time. . .
• Do the ninedickmanover to see if the person was breathing.
• She coulden’t even spell “culdn’t” Her spelling was abyzmall.
Don't forget to enter my book-giveaway contest extraordinaire! Check out the post below for more info.