Marvelous Middle Grade Monday
Shannon Whitney Messenger decided it was time to give middle grade stories the attention they deserve, and "Marvelous Middle Grade Mondays" was born.
My Sister the Vampire Book 1
by Sienna Mercer
This new, funny series for tween readers takes sibling relationships and twin hijinks to another level as it introduces Olivia, who meets her look-alike, Ivy. But there is one major difference--Ivy is a vampire. And shes not the only one in town who is.
I bought a copy of this book for my daughter, because I thought it looked like a cute story. SHE LOVED IT! She plowed through it in a day and begged me to buy her more of the series. To me, that's a winner. The last time she got this excited about a book was when she read Charmaine Clancy's Zombie Dog. Hmmm....
I read the book so that I'd know if it was MMGM-worthy. And it is. It's a light-hearted and fun story that will appeal most strongly to MG girl readers. I think some of the adult reviews on Goodreads are a bit harsh, considering the intended audience of the story. Sometimes grownups over-think things. This is a darling MG series and I recommend it!
** Others who can be counted on for MMGM: **
- Joanne Fritz @ My Brain on Books
- Sherrie Petersen @ Write About Now
- Brooke Favero @ Somewhere in the Middle
- Myrna Foster @ Night Writer
- Ally Beecher @ Kid Lit Frenzy
- Barbara Watson @ Novel and Nouveau
- Deb Marshall @ Just Deb!
- Anita Laydon Miller's Middle Grade Blog
- Michael G-G @ Middle Grade Mafioso
- Natalie Aguirre @ Literary Rambles
- Ms. Yingling @ Ms. Yingling Reads
- Jennifer Rumberger
- Pam Torres @ So I'm Fifty
- Mary @ Writer's Butt Does Not Apply to Me
- The Accidental Novelist
- G.S. Prendergast @ Angelhorn
- Gina Carey
- Nye Louwen - My Spirit
- Laurisa White Reyes @ Apocalypsies
- Andrea Mack @ That's Another Story
- The Mundie Moms @ Mundie Kids