Monday, March 8, 2010

Passing the Torch

I've received several more awards recently and need to pass along the love. I posted this over the weekend, but so few of my darling recipients saw it, that I'm leaving it up another day.

From Shelley @ Stories in the Ordinary and Laurel @ Laurel's Leaves, I received the Sugar Doll Award.

Shelley is a more recent follower of my blog and a loyal commenter, therefore I adore her. You should too!

I think most of my followers also follow Laurel (if you aren't, you should be), and we all know that Laurel is brilliant. Seriously. I wish I had half of Laurel's intellect!

The rules for this award require the receiver to share 10 things nobody knows and to pass it along. For my list of 10 things, click here.



I share this award with:

* Lisa Schroeder (Her new book, It's Raining Cupcakes, is a sweet one!)
* Sharon @ Random Thoughts
* Charmaine @ Wagging Tales (She's been posting more lately and I love it!)
* Stephanie Damore
* Sara @ The Babbling Flow of a Fledgling Scribbler


___________________________


From Pamela @ From Barbies to Words, I received the Humane Award. Pamela is one of my new friends and as sweet as one of Lisa's cupcakes! Ha ha (I think I'm funny). My job is to nominate 10 bloggers I think are kindhearted and wonderful.



Will the following 10 kindhearted bloggers come on down... some of you may already have this award. I didn't check first - I just chose 10 people well known for their sunny warmth and goodness.

* ROXANE @ PEACE GARDEN MAMA - I know you are watching, and you are the kindest, warmest blogger I know. Miss ya! :-)

* Mary @ Play Off the Page - Mary has a heart that expands in proportion to the needs of others. I love her.
* Robyn @ Putting Pen to Paper - Robyn is the queen of prayer gathering and contest alerts. I love the way she shares the prayer needs of children and fellow bloggers. If you are having a cool contest or have a prayer request, go visit Robyn. She is a good friend to everyone.
* Tamika @ The Write Worship - When I need a dose of "happy thoughts" or a touch of peace, I can count on Tamika to provide it. Her blog is professional, spiritual, and beautiful.
* Sherrie @ Write About Now - Sherrie is so much like Tamika (or Tamika is like Sherrie) that in my mind the two should be sisters. Thanks for the quality of your messages, Sherrie.
* Elana Johnson - Elana is one of the most generous, helpful people I know. But I promise there is no pressure in that, Elana. We just really love ya! :-)
* Lisa and Laura - These two sisters are the head cheerleaders of the blogosphere! I would be lost without my daily dose of LiLa humor.
* Jenn Johansson - Jenn scored me a personalized, autographed copy of The Maze Runner. For that, she is a goddess and my hero! Beyond that, her blog is fabulous and so is she. :-)
* Jody Hedlund - Jody's blog is an unagented writer's dream come true. The content of her posts is invaluable - every single day. I don't know how she maintains such consistent, high quality posts. A-maze-ing!
* Kristen Torres-Toro @ Write in the Way - If you follow Kristen's blog, you know what a selfless person she is - her mission work is amazing. Go check out her posts of the Amazon and see her PINK dolphins!!
* Elizabeth Mueller - I love her spiritual personality. She is warm and positive and creative. She is an artist and mama extraordinaire. Visit her and you'll see what I mean.


_____________________________


From Tamika @ The Write Worship I received the Butterfly Award, which is meant to be shared with the coolest blogs you know. I think it is absolutely beautiful!




* Frankie and * Shannon M. - pretty much a no-brainer, but I'm still counting them as one blog!
* Suzette and Bethany @ Shooting Stars - I love this blog and I love these ladies!
* Stephanie @ Hatshepsut - how cool is a blog about an ancient Egyptian FEMALE Pharoah?!
* Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse - an amazing writing resource
* Roni @ Fiction Groupie - also an amazing writing resource

Tomorrow I will pass along the Creative Liar Award! Good times...good times...

27 comments:

Frankie Diane Mallis said...

Thanks Shannon!!! Hehehe, I swear the other Shannon and I are separate people:)

Lisa Schroeder said...

Thanks Shannon - you're SWEET!!! :)

Robyn Campbell said...

Thank you Shannon. I am truly honored. I love you so much. The day God brought you into my life was a sweet day indeed, my friend.

And thank you for the most wonderful words you said to me on my blog. They made me feel so good.

And MOST of all, thank you for the prayers for my sweet guy Christopher. I am blessed to have them. =)

Roni Loren said...

Congrats on all the awards and thanks for passing the butterfly award to me! I'll have to check out these other links. :)

Jay said...

Well, here I go nominating you for an award that you may have very well been nominated for already! You can check it out on my blog - http://jayeckert.blogspot.com/2010/03/creative-writer-blogger-award.html

It's like the big award exchange around here. :-)

Carolina M. Valdez Schneider said...

Fun, fun! Congrats on the awards! Most deserving, m'dear!

Kathi Oram Peterson said...

You must feel very loved. :) I'm glad I came across your blog.

Charmaine Clancy said...

Thanks for the award Shannon, you are a Sugar Doll, and you inspire me to blog more!

Elizabeth Mueller said...

Shannon, thank you so much for the award. Your thoughts warmed my heart and brought tears to my eyes... ((hugs))

PS--congrats to the those who were awarded!

Tyrean Martinson said...

I happen to love your blog, and even though you've been receiving lots of awards lately, I just thought you might like another one. So, I'm giving you the Honest Scrap Award. Check it out at my blog, Tyrean's Writing Spot.

lisa and laura said...

Congratulations on all of the awards, Shannon! I'm not surprised that so many people find your positive energy so inspiring.

And thank you so much for passing an award onto us! It really means the world to us that we have such a supportive friend in the blogosphere.

laughinglioness.lisa@gmail.com said...

You are amazing! Your blog is always so peppy and you take time to read and comment and know so many other bloggers. It really makes the blogsphere so friendly! Congrats on all of your awards!!

Patti Lacy said...

Shannon, you just pepped me up more than my cuppa coffee!!

What a fun place!!

I am waiting for the creative liar award!!

Blessings,
Patti
www.pattilacy.com/blog

Iron Guy Carl said...

Thanks for becoming a follower of our Boys Rule! Boys Read! blog. Encourage your boys, if they're between 9-14, to write to us, especially with the March Madness contest going on. Good luck with your book dreams!

Sherrie Petersen said...

Thanks, Shannon! You're one of the most positive bloggers I know so it's no surprise that you've gotten so many awards. Keep it up!

Angela Ackerman said...

Shannon, you are a triple dark chocolate brownie of the blogger world, you know that?

Thank you for being you. This is one of my favorite blogs to come to--I always leave feeling happy and energized. Thank you so much for the wonderful award. :-)

Shannon Messenger said...

Aw, thanks Shannon. I'm SOOOOO behind on my award posting, but I will see what I can work out. And thank you so much for thinking of me, you are WAY too sweet. ;)

Tamika: said...

Squee!! Thanks Shannon! You are such a blessing.

I give God all the glory- I am only a vessel. Blogging has enveloped me in love, thank you.

Kristen Torres-Toro said...

Thank you so much! You made my day!

Suzette Saxton said...

How strange! I commented earlier but it didn't post. Hmmm, maybe I forgot to click "publish."

Shannon, thank you so much for this award! It's one I've not seen before, and I love it. I appreciate you so much!

XOXO

Suz

Elizabeth Mueller said...

Shannon! I've returned the award to you because you are such a sweet, kind, loving person. I'm so honored to call you friend!

Xoxo

Elizabeth
:)

Jody Hedlund said...

Thanks for passing around so much cyber love, Shannon! You are such an encourager! Thanks for the award! :-)

Mary E Campbell said...

congrats on all your rewards and congrats to the recipients. That butterfly award is beautiful.

J.R. Johansson said...

I am uber offended.

Not by you, but because your blog ate my comment on Saturday. I still love you, but I'm not sure your blog and I can be friends anymore. ;P

Thanks for the award! I'm Humane! Yay! :)

Sara {Rhapsody and Chaos} said...

Shannon, you freaking ROCK :-) thank you!!!!

Shelley Sly said...

Whoa, I don't know how I missed this post. I think work consumed me this week. Anyway, thanks so much for the kind words about me!! You are such a sweetheart! :D

Nishant said...

thank you for the most wonderful words you said to me on my blog. They made me feel so good.
work at home in india

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...