Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Yay for Blog Love!

It's official! Courtney @ Southern Princess is my friend. I even have an award to prove it.


I feel special. Special is good. Special should be shared so that others feel special. Isn't that what a blog circle is for - cheering, encouraging, commiserating, praying, celebrating, crying, and writing...TOGETHER.


Sing it with me:

Keep smilin'
Keep shinin'

Knowin' you can always count on me
For sure
That's what friends are for

In good times
And bad times
I'll be on your side forever more
That's what friends are for

The rules for this are a mystery. Apparently the only requirement is the sharing and passing of friendship. THAT I can do. There are so many I would love to give this award to, but I know it wouldn't mean as much if I just give it to everybody (even though I'd like to).

Sooooo, this time I will pass the award to five bloggers I have come to think of as true friends - as people I would love to have coffee with and chit-chat with on the phone everyday and shop with and...you know, girl stuff! (No offense, Simon. You know I love ya!) Princess, if this award had not come from you, you'd be on my list. You rock!

1. Roxane @ Peace Garden Mama - I feel like I've known you for years. I can't believe how strong a friendship can be despite the limits of online communication. You have become a very special and valued friend. Thank you.

2. My crit partners: Valerie @ Something to Write About & Bethany @ Aspirations Thanks, ladies. I think we make a good team.

3. Jennie Englund - You are such a sweet and loyal commenter on my blog. Thank you for always stopping by and smiling at me. I look forward to it more than you know.

4. Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse - Thanks, Angela, for being so encouraging and supportive. Your help with my manuscript and your invaluable blog posts keep me motivated and inspired.

5. Robyn Campbell @ Putting Pen to Paper - I appreciate your friendship and your daily support on my blog. Like Roxane, your comments lift me and cheer me. Thanks for being my friend.

27 comments:

Roxane B. Salonen said...

Wow! Shannon, boy, did you ever jump start my sluggish morning. I'm zipping into place now, heading out to the gym soon, and with a smile on my face. You are really adept at shining light into the world. I need to get better at handing these things back to those I have come to appreciate. One of these days I'll have a long posts with tons of awards-in-waiting. :) Have a great day!

Stephanie Thornton said...

Super nifty! I think we're all lucky to have you in the blogosphere, Shannon. Your posts and comments are like little rays of sunshine.

Valerie Geary said...

Thanks! :)

Stephanie Damore said...

We're all so blessed for your blog posts, and you're blessed to have such wonderful friends!

Courtney Barr - The Southern Princess said...

ooohhhh shopping - we would have so much fun! Poor Simon, though i think if we let him he could hang with some girl talk though if another guy walked up I think he'd go all Scottish on us & masculine up his voice... ;o)

Shannon you are definitely a friend. I LOVE visiting your blog and seriously would love to share an afternoon or two or twenty or so many with you! Perhaps one day in this crazy world we will get to. Thanks for being such a wonderful ray of sunshine ;o)

Anonymous said...

Ha! Yes, I'm not the one to call for shopping excursions. Coffee? Maybe. But if you're planning on making purchases, just drop me off at the bar at Ruby Tuesday's with a good book and pick me up on the way out, okay?

Congrats on the award, good lady! :)

Unknown said...

Hey Shannon. Is your comment form different?? I'm checking my email,when I notice something from Shannon. A post on my blog. Boy,did I ever click over to your blog. Faster than the speed of light. Uh yeah, I'm overstating it some
but...

You turned my frown upside down. Here's a pic so you can see,:-)

Thank you so much my wonderful friend. I am so thankful to know you. Your comments over at my house are always on the mark. And you have taught me a lot about writing too. So I am BLESSED to know you. Thank you for the most wonderful things you said about me. Uh, I started singing the song and everyone evacuated the building. Something about an awful noise. I did not hear the noise. Hmm wonder what that could've been.

BK Mattingly said...

Thanks! I'm happy we all work so well with each other. :)

Robyn Campbell said...

Okay. The above comment was made by me. SOMEBODY has been on my computer and signed in using their gmail or whatever and their name appears instead of mine. I'm thinkin' the guilty party was one of my KIDS, Cameron. And he has his own computer. SHEESH!

Oh and now your comment form is back to normal. It was all weird when Cameron commented.:-)

*scowls at blogger*

Carrie Harris said...

Awww. This makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. Congrats on the award!

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Roxane - Thank you Roxane. Ditto to you. :)

Stephanie - Thank you, Stephanie. You always make me smile, too. I miss the squirrels!

Valerie - You're very welcome.

Steph - You are the sweetest!

Princess - Thanks, Courtney! I would love a day or two or twenty with you, too. Maybe I can tag along on your next awesome vacation! Ha ha

Simon - Ruby Tueday's and a good book it is. Deal!

Bethany - Me too! :)

Juju - Thank you.

Robyn - I was wondering if that was you. I thought it might be. I meant every word, friend! :-)

Carrie - Thanks, carrie!

Elana Johnson said...

Congratulations! You so deserve it. :)

Kimberly Franklin said...

Congrats! Doesn't it feel so amazing to receive awards? : )

Have a great day!

Kasie West said...

So fun. Congrats on your award. I love the circle of friends I've met online. It's such a fun connection we all have. :)

Carolina M. Valdez Schneider said...

Oh, I just love this!! I've made so many bloggy friends online. Whoever created this one was a genius. I'll be sure to check out these other blogs you've mentioned.

lisa and laura said...

Congratulations on the award, Shannon! We're so happy that you're in our circle of friends!

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Elana - Thanks bunches!

Kimberly - Yes, yes it does! :)

Kasie - It is truly a wonderful blessing.

Carolina - I agree about the genius creator, Carolina.

L & L - Right back at ya, ladies!

Stacey J. Warner said...

bloggy love makes me smile!

Shelli (srjohannes) said...

yay congrads! :)

Jemi Fraser said...

Congrats! Another well deserved award :)

Elizabeth Mueller said...

How wonderful! Shannon, you are such a wonderful friend to recognize them as you have! :) I hope to meet you face to face sometime!

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Congratulations on the award...You are a great blog friend to many. :)

Kathy McIntosh said...

Nice award, lovely blog. And now I have some more ideas on visiting. Such fun.

Jennie Englund said...

Thank you so much for that #3 spot, Shannon!

I LOVE your blog!

And you have so many friends. So many happy, witty, wonderful friends!!!

It's nice here.

Jody Hedlund said...

Congrats on the award! I look at awards at an awesome way that we can encourage one another!

Angela Ackerman said...

I'm honored. I feel the same about your blog--it's such a happy place and never fails to pick me up when I get frustrated or out of sorts when my writing doesn't go as right as I want it.

And your book has a brilliant concept and I was so happy to help you with it. The offer still stands to read it again if you need it before sending it off. When it sells, you remember that I said, "I told you it would!"

Jen said...

Congrats on the award! This is a great one :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...