Thursday, December 30, 2010

Book Review: Dark Parties


Dark Parties
by Sara Grant


Goodreads Blurb:
Dark Parties is a dystopian novel about a country that generations ago closed its borders to people and ideas. No one knows what exists outside their protected society. Neva and her best friend secretly plot to force the government to open its borders. Anyone who threatens the government seems to disappear mysteriously. Neva receives a message from her grandma who vanished without a trace 10 years ago, inviting her to escape to the outside. Now she has a choice–stay and save her country or leave and save herself.
Expected publication: August 3rd 2011 by Little, Brown 
 
I loved this book. I'm so sad it doesn't come out until August, because it is  awesome! It's unlike anything I've ever read, and believe me when I tell you that the blurb DOES NOT do it justice. And the sexy boy in this one...oh, so hot! Mark this one as "to read" on your Goodreads page so you don't forget about it. Is it bad that I'm DYING for the sequel and the first one isn't even out yet?

19 comments:

Emy Shin said...

This sounds truly amazing. Thanks for bringing my attention to it! :)

Shelley Sly said...

Wow, I love the concept of this book. I'll keep my eye out for it! Thanks!

Jana said...

ARGH! I am so sad I haven't been approved for that one yet! But, I haven't been declined either...

Golden Eagle said...

I love the concept! Thanks for the review. :)

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

That sounds so good and like something I'd love. You lucky duck to have read it!

Vicki Rocho said...

Whoa. That is an intriguing plot. But AUGUST? Oh boy...that's gonna take some patience!

Kenda Turner said...

Interesting story line--thanks for the heads up! I'll be looking for it come August :-)

Heather said...

Thanks for the heads up. I'm adding this to my Goodreads!

Hermana Maw said...

That sounds fabulous. I can't wait for it to come out. :)

Unknown said...

Ooh, another one to add to my to read list. This sounds like a fantastic book, thanks for the review.

Diane said...

I'll mark it down as a keeper! Thanks and Happy New Year! :O)

Tamara Hart Heiner said...

yeah, that blurb doesn't do much for it. I thought the title said "Dark panties" the first time.

Anonymous said...

Interesting! Such a serious subject. I'm very interested to see how the author tackled it!

Old Kitty said...

Oooh!!! Such a dark tale but there's a sexy boy - so yay!! :-)

Thanks for the info and review! Take care
x

Jemi Fraser said...

This one sounds like it's right up my alley! thanks for the tip - but I don't want to wait!!!

Charmaine Clancy said...

Love the sound of this book! Thanks for all the support and encouragement throughout 2010 - Love you!
Happy New Year :-)

Lenny Lee said...

hi miss shannon! that plot sounds pretty cool but i mostly dont care so much about that so hot sexy boy. ha ha. i cant know from what you said what age its good for. maybe my sister cold like it. im wishing for you a really happy and fun new year. HAPPY NEW YEAR!
...hugs from lenny

Laura S. said...

Happy New Year, Shannon!!! May 2011 be your best year yet!

Margo Berendsen said...

Your enthusiasm is catching! I'm adding it to my 2011 list...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...