Wednesday, December 15, 2010

DELIRIUM Review

 Delirium 
by Lauren Oliver


Expected Publication Date: February 2011

Good reads Blurb:
Before scientists found the cure, people thought love was a good thing. They didn’t understand that once love -the deliria- blooms in your blood, there is no escaping its hold. Things are different now. Scientists are able to eradicate love, and the governments demands that all citizens receive the cure upon turning eighteen. Lena Holoway has always looked forward to the day when she’ll be cured. A life without love is a life without pain: safe, measured, predictable, and happy.

But with ninety-five days left until her treatment, Lena does the unthinkable: She falls in love.
I couldn't wait to read this book. I enjoyed Before I Fall and its unique storyline, so I wondered what Lauren would come up with next. Delirium is even better. The premise is amazing. The characters are amazing. The writing is amazing. I loved it. I also hated it, but I can't tell you why.

When the book is released, and you have all devoured it, I can't wait to see what kind of discussions we'll have. Lauren has once again proven herself to be a master storyteller, but there is one similarity between this book and Before I Fall that I could have done without. We can talk about in February!

Has anyone else read this yet?

27 comments:

Valerie Geary said...

I'm not kidding...at the exact same time that you were posting this, I was adding Delirium to my "to-be-read list" on Goodreads. Ha!! I'm glad it gets your stamp of approval... :D

Carolina M. Valdez Schneider said...

I've been wanting to read this! What a cool premise. It's sort of like uglies, but instead of getting pretty, you get cured of love. Too cool. But I want to know what it was you hated about it!! Hopefully I can read this soon.

Frankie Diane Mallis said...

Ooooh Im so glad you got to read this--now email me so we can discuss! :D

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

I totally agree! I'm so glad to hear you loved in, Shannon! Great review :)

Dawn Embers said...

*is envious*

I want to read this book but chances are I probably won't get to until it's out in paperback, and then it might not be several months because I doubt I'll be caught up in my reading. Just the premise alone, seeing it on blogs and such, poked my muse into action so I can't wait to get ahold of the actual book.

Jennie Englund said...

Shannon, you're a lucky girl to get to read these brilliant books before the public!

Wow -- what a review!

Haven't read BEFORE I FALL yet. But I sure will, and this one, too!

Angela Ackerman said...

Oh my--what a great concept! I'll be sure to look for this one. :)


Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse

Elana Johnson said...

Ahhhhh! You're killing me! I want to read this SO BAD. SOOOOO. BAAAAAD.

Shannon Messenger said...

I'm about 100 pages into this one and it sounds like I need to keep going. But you're KILLING me with curiosity over what you didn't like.

Laura Pauling said...

I can't wait to read this. I loved Before I Fall, the writing and the premise. I'm dying to know what you didn't care for. I guess I'll have to wait until Feb. :(

Susan R. Mills said...

It's not even 2011 yet and my list of books to buy in the coming year is a mile long! I guess it won't hurt to add this one, too. :)

Kari said...

I've been waiting impatiently for this book ever since I read Before I Fall. Your review has made me even more impatient!!

Shari said...

Oooh, it sounds really good. Why must you make us wait? I want to know what you could do without now!

Joanne R. Fritz said...

Oooh, I felt exactly the same way. Love/hate. AAAAGGHHH!

Jana said...

Interesting...I wonder if she just wants to make sure she never has to write a sequel.

Angela said...

Wow, you really are lucky to read all this stuff first. So jealous!

Old Kitty said...

What a premise - scientists eradicating love. Wow! thanks for the review and the info to this book!! Take care
x

Tales of Whimsy said...

Sounds awesome. I need to check this one out.

Shelley Sly said...

Wow, that sounds like an intense story! I'll have to check it out!

TerryLynnJohnson said...

My copy is pre ordered and will come one lovely day in my mailbox! I can't wait to discuss it with you. LOVED her first.

Jemi Fraser said...

I still haven't read the first one - but it's been on my wishlist for a long time. Now this one will join it :)

Natasha said...

The book sounds awesome!

Myrna Foster said...

Oh, it sounds interesting. Thanks for the review!

Heather Sunseri said...

I enjoyed Before I Fall. I can't wait to pick this one up as well! Thanks for the review.

Beth said...

Just based on the goodreads blurb I already love this!!!
beth-project52.blogspot.com

Jen said...

This sounds very interesting. I'll keep an eye out for it! Thanks, as always, for the review!

Cheers!
Jen

Heather said...

I haven't had a chance to pick this up yet but if you say it's even better than Before I Fall then I HAVE to read it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...