Monday, December 12, 2011

Marvelous Middle Grade Monday - Tales of a Sugar Hero

Marvelous Middle Grade Monday

Shannon Whitney Messenger decided it was time to give middle grade stories the attention they deserve, and "Marvelous Middle Grade Mondays" was born.  

Tales of a Sugar Hero
 by Michael Dahl
  
Goodreads Blurb:
On her eleventh birthday, Halo Nightly receives a mysterious collection of candy jars from her Aunt Pandora. The sweet treats inside fuel her with the powers of fire, water, earth, and air! As the worlds newest sugar hero, Halo must defeat the evil sour-villains who threaten to rid the world of fun and flavor!
This is a darling book, and it definitely hits the mark with its intended audience. My daughter absolutely loves it! She reads it over and over. In fact, whenever we go out and she gets bored, she asks for my kindle so she can read it some more. The illustrations are fantastic, the story is fun, and the message is a good one. I highly recommend this for young readers everywhere. 

*** ALSO . . . I'm making my debut over at PROJECT MIDDLE GRADE MAYHEM today. Please stop by and say hello. 
 
** Others who can be counted on for MMGM: **
 Happy Monday!

17 comments:

S.A. Larsenッ said...

What an interesting concept! It does sound sweet. lol Thanks for highlighting it.

Natalie Aguirre said...

Sounds like a fun read. Awesome that your daughter likes it so much.

Creepy Query Girl said...

sounds very cute. Now I want candy thought:)

Old Kitty said...

Definitely the sweetest book! :-)

Take care
x

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

OMGoodness, that sounds adorable!

Vicki Rocho said...

How fun! I want an Aunt Pandora!!!

Theresa Milstein said...

Clever idea. What kid doesn't like candy? Thanks for the info about the book.

Julie Dao said...

Sounds like the perfect book to read with a bowl of candy! :)

Robyn Campbell said...

Sounds great, bff. I know this kid *points finger at self* loves candy and will love this book. Heading out to town later this week. Will stop by the bookstore.

Smooch!

Heather said...

What an adorable cover, and this sounds like so much fun!

Joanne R. Fritz said...

This sounds yummy! I can see why kids would love it. Great choice for MMGM, Shannon!

Myrna Foster said...

Thanks for letting us know about it. The premise sounds like fun. :o)

Susan R. Mills said...

Sounds like a good one for my niece.

Patti said...

This looks like a perfect one for my daughter.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your review and highlighting it for MMGM fun! I'll remember it when next in need of a book for my niece.

Stina said...

That is cute! But we can't get it anymore in hardcopy, and I don't think it'll be the same on my iPod touch. :(

Jemi Fraser said...

Hmmm... I haven't seen this one yet! I'll definitely have to check it out! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...