Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Winners Are People Like You

Winners Are People Like You
Nancye Sims 
(inspirational poet)

Winners take chances Like everyone else, they fear failing,
but they refuse to let fear control them.

Winners don’t give up. When life gets rough, they hang in
until the going gets better.

Winners are flexible. They realize there is more than one
way and are willing to try others.

Winners know they are not perfect. They respect their
weaknesses while making the most of their strengths.

Winners fall but they don’t stay down. They stubbornly refuse
to let a fall keep them from climbing.

Winners don’t blame fate for their failures, nor luck for their successes.

Winners accept responsibility for their lives.

Winners are positive thinkers who see good in all things.
From the ordinary, they make the extraordinary.

Winners believe in the path they have chosen even when it
is hard, even when others can’t see where they are going.

Winners are patient. They know a goal is only worthy
as the effort that is required to achieve it.

Winners are people who believe in themselves.
They make this world a better place to be.

 Be a winner!!

16 comments:

Natalie Aguirre said...

This is so true. I want to be a winner. Thanks for the inspiration this week.

Laura Pauling said...

So true. Winners never give up. Though that's not always the case. There are winners that win with a small amount of effort due to natural talent. I think of natural athletes, kids good in math...etc

Old Kitty said...

Awwww nice to be a winner!!! Yay for winners!

Take care
x

Stina said...

Yay, I can be a winner. I do most of these things. :D

I need to cross stitch this and hang it by the computer. Not that I've cross stitched since I was a kid.

Julie Dao said...

I hope I'm a winner, too! I'm going to try my hardest to be one!

Bidisha said...

Thank God, for winners. We need more of them in this world. This ain't no place for quitters.

Go winners! :D
(And I do realise I'm cheering myself on)

Emily R. King said...

I want to be a winner! : )

Lenny Lee said...

hi miss shannon! cool post! for sure i could like to be a winner. i hope i mostly am.
...hugs from lenny

Myrna Foster said...

Thanks for the uplifting post, Shannon!

Stephanie Thornton said...

Wait, so I have to be patient to be a winner?

Darn! ;)

Jemi Fraser said...

The final one is tough - but oh, so important! :)

Jessica Silva said...

this winner is going to take her winning to her manuscript and win with it right now!

C D Meetens said...

This is the sort of thing I need pinned to my board in front of my desk - a little reminder to keep me going when I start wondering if my writing is drivel ;).

Heidi Willis said...

This is great. I think people who aren't "winning" like to think there's some sort of luck involved, or have a very narrow definition of winning, when really, it's all just perseverance and attitude!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Shannon - that's a great Christmas Season post - to remind us all of where we're at .. and we are all winners here .. that's great to read.

I particularly like the patient bit .. I'm not usually patient - I'm usually get up and go .. but for the time being I must be patient ..

Fantastic reminders - cheers Hilary

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, thanks so much for this! Things to keep on doing and others to work on and aspire to. LOVE it. Happy Holiday, Shannon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...